One of our favorite light and healthy recipes for tailgating is fish tacos. This recipes features a citrus salsa that provides a sweet kick. Put your fixings in the Gater Waiter’s convenient pans and let your tailgate guests built their own!
Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Cook Time : 15 to 20 minutes
- 2 large ripe mangos, peeled, pitted and chopped*
- 1/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, sliced (green tops only)
- 1 small jalapeño pepper (stem, seeds and membranes removed)
- 1 pound cod fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each: ground cumin, Mexican oregano and garlic salt
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups shredded green or red cabbage
- 1/2 cup crumbled Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Stir together all salsa ingredients in medium bowl; set aside.
- Place cod on 2 large sheets of parchment paper.
- Stir together dry seasonings in small bowl and sprinkle over cod. Bring edges of parchment paper together and fold twice. Fold ends under to enclose fish. Place packets on baking sheet and bake 15 to 18 minutes. Open packets carefully to let steam escape.
- When you’re ready to eat, have your guest build their own by placing equal amounts cod in each tortilla and top with cabbage, cheese and mango salsa.
Recipe and photo courtesy Mirassou Winery and the National Mango Board.